A Home Buying Checklist will help you identify some of the most important buying factors buyers need to consider when buying a home. A checklist helps you know what to expect so there are no surprises. You’ll also speed up the process by already having your documents collected.
- Decide how much you can spend
- Check your credit reports to find out your status
- Get an idea of how much you can borrow
- Shop for a mortgage lender
- Consider getting preapproved for a loan
- Find a real estate agent
- Research potential neighborhoods
- Make a list of features you want in a house
- Go house hunting
- Make an offer
- Get an inspection
- Consult a lawyer if you desire, or if it’s required in your state
Home Tour Checklist
Take a Home Tour Checklist along whenever you go shopping to buy a home. We created the checklist below to help you keep track of the properties you visit. Print it out and take it along with you when you go looking at homes.
When going on your house hunting trips, you may want to consider bringing a camera for neighborhoods and open houses, a calculator, a map of the area (if available), and a home comparison chart.
Preparing for a home purchase is an important first step in a successful transaction. Your eXp Realty associate will help you with the process of buying a home while representing your best interests throughout the entire purchase process.